Aug
Sep
North Star Blues
Oct
Sving Du Nord
Nov
Dec

Great Minnesota Get Together 2005
Post new topic   printer-friendly   Reply to topic    MinnesotaLindy.COM Forum Index -> GMGT: Great Minnesota Get Together
trishdish
A A B A

Weekly Avg: 2.0218

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Great Minnesota Get Together 2005 Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Calendar Event: Friday, March 4, 2005 - Sunday, March 6, 2005

I am not attending.

Hey guys and gals!

Here's the deal for this year's GMGT! We're not going to focus on the physical act of dancing this year, instead...we're going to watch other people do it!!!

Explanation:
I'm putting together a regional dance footage exchange. Hopefully everyone has been backing up their dance clips onto dvd's or into digital formats that can be put onto dvd's. (If not, you still have some time...get moving!) We're looking for all kinds of clips, Cakewalk to Lindyhop, ULHS, GSWLF, mini-exchanges, Original Jitterbugs, social dancing, and instruction videos.
A few of us up here have already started and are really excited with our collection. We figure that everyone benefits from watching clips and we want to share our wealth of clips with others. If you have clips and are willing to exchange them for others, then this is the event for you!*
I know that this is an event for only those that are into clips, but there will be some dancing and other exciting events occurring during the weekend.
Come join us March 4-6 as we tour Minneapolis, watch clips, break down moves, and socialize!

Any questions please e-mail me (Trish) at malo0130@umn.edu
*For those who are interested but have no footage, I will provide some footage on a dvd for you. However, you will only be allowed to take that dvd, unless others out of the goodness of their hearts give you other footage for free.
trishdish
A A B A

Weekly Avg: 2.0218

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Ok, hopefully everyone has been super busy getting their collections up to speed!

Here's a few more tidbits on what's in store for the weekend!

Friday night pub crawl!This year we're heading over the Mississippi river to the West Bank of the University of Minnesota campus. (Also known as seven corners) We'll be beginning our trek of brewhouses at Bullwinkles, hit upl Sgt. Preston's and Town Hall Brewery, and end our night at Grandma's! Bullwinkles is known for their cheap drinks, Sgt. Preston's has some amazing fishbowls,Town Hall is a micro-brewery so come and enjoy the local hops, and Grandma's is one of the high party spots for U of M co-eds!

Saturday clip viewing party!Until I hear that more than 20 people are coming for the clip viewing, it'll be held at my apartment. This is where the clip-trading, move break-downs will be held.

Saturday night dance!
The First Saturday Dance at Tapestry Folkdance Center is one of the largest swing nights each month! Cindy and Terry do a fantastic job of keeping swing alive in the Twin Cities so we're going to go and support them at one of our favorite venues! LIVE MUSIC is provided by the Swing Beat Big Band and dj'ed music by Terry Gardener!

Sunday morning brunch!
We'll end the weekend with a jazz brunch at the Times Bar and Cafe. While eating their fantastic food and enjoying a mimosa or two we'll have the pleasure of listening/dancing to the Wolverine's Trio! (Another favorite of Twin City locals)

I can't wait for the event and I hope everyone else is excited!

One last favor...if you currently have no clip collection and are interested in the beginner's compilation, please pm me and let me know so I can have the appropriate amount of copies available. Thank you!
Azeroth
MinnesotaLindy.COM Superhero

Weekly Avg: 7.7471

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

bump, hey guys... it's only a few weeks away!

Ask not what your scene can do for you;
Ask what you can do for your scene!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger MySpace Profile Facebook Profile
KelliWilkerson
Spotlight Dance

Weekly Avg: 1.1746

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

i have a 3hr VHS tape of old clips from the 20's-60's plus a lot of video clips from everything from Boston Tea Party, to LA lindy summit to NJC camp hollywood, ALHC and ULHS... it is all on tape and i have no clue how to make into DVD or Digital... but if anyone is interested in helping me am more than willing to get a project going..

lisa... this may mean i need my tapes back honey! kiss!
Twirllisa
Mr and Mrs Stan and Lisa Ponkin

Weekly Avg: 4.4007

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Did Kelli Wilkerson actually post on MN lindy? Shocked

I have to confess. I am selfish and I am already getting it onto DVD. Brent has the really awesome tape and is recording it for me onto DVD.

Don't worry I warned him that if he looses the tape he will die! Very Happy

Kiss!

www.stan-lisa.com
KelliWilkerson
Spotlight Dance

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Brent and LIsa!
i want a DVD of it too!
KelliWilkerson
Spotlight Dance

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

and yes... brent if you hurt that vidoe i will KILL you.....
tee hee.... love ya!
Cyrano de Maniac
Master of the Smile

Weekly Avg: 2.5212

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I haven't hurt it, but the video quality is really bad on the deck I'm trying to dub it on. I'm wondering if it's the tape, or the deck -- I'm actually going to make one more attempt after supper.

If that doesn't work, I'll see what I can do to help. I'd be very interested in helping get your tapes onto DVD, but I don't have the right equipment myself (i.e. a Mac -- I'm using my parent's as I type). I do plan on buying a Mac sometime in the next few months, and would be very willing to help when that happens.

Brent
KelliWilkerson
Spotlight Dance

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

sweet. I know... you see that tape is old... i think it was like the first batch of the "Original Jitterbugs" tapes that were made back when i first moved to LA. There are some bad ass clips on it tho huh? Anyway.. let me know if there is any way i can help....
KelliWilkerson
Spotlight Dance

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I have tons of tapes. let me know when you get equiptment i will bring em all over and buy us Pizza and Beer and have a little dubbing partY!!! yay beer!
Cyrano de Maniac
Master of the Smile

Weekly Avg: 2.5212

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Unfortunately I didn't get around to copying the tape to DVD -- I was so busy getting my ULHS footage onto DVD. Sad Sorry Lisa and Kelli.

Not to mention that two of my three ULHS DVDs seem to not be copyable! So I probably wasted two days of Xmas vacation on the effort. I'm *very* unhappy with iDVD now. I'll be trying again, but need to find the time. *sigh*

Brent
Post new topic   printer-friendly   Reply to topic    MinnesotaLindy.COM Forum Index -> GMGT: Great Minnesota Get Together All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: