TCBalFest
Aug
Sep
North Star Blues
Oct
Sving Du Nord
Nov
Dec

Postings a symptom of www.minnesotalndy.com oblivion?
Post new topic   printer-friendly   Reply to topic    MinnesotaLindy.COM Forum Index -> MNLindy, Planning and Organization Goto page Older  1, 2, 3

Allen Hall
MN Prince of Snark Darkness

Weekly Avg: 1.0115

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

K,

Wait, I forgot what the subject was. Regardless, I'll make you a deal. I'll pour curmudgeonly gasoline on your flames, if you will do the same to mine.

Yours in crankiness,

A
Racetrack
Spotlight Dance

Weekly Avg: 0.3754

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

kitkat wrote:
Careful, Allen, I'm a curmudgeon on this topic. I might out-troublemake you!

Especially careful, Allen!

You nominated Kitkat Czaressa of our e-world and I seconded the motion. Barring any objection for someone (won't happen) it's a done deal. She can do anything she wants!

BTW - Shouldn't the proper title be "Czarina"?

Wink
Cyrano de Maniac
Master of the Smile

Weekly Avg: 2.5212

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Nomination offered, seconded, and approved...
Allen Hall
MN Prince of Snark Darkness

Weekly Avg: 1.0115

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Brent,

Touche! Czarine (or Tsarina) it is.

Allen
Jason Z
Spotlight Dance

Weekly Avg: 1.0193

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

What makes me sad about this decline is that mnlindy is a very inclusive and inviting way for the scene to grow. I understand FB and all that crap but my problem is people "new" to the scene can not get out of social networking phlurgety phlurg sites what they can in mnlindy.

It used to be when i met new people that where interested in Lindy Hop i would tell them to check out MN Lindy. One of the biggest benefits was then that a new person without friends already into Lindy Hop could see where people where going and head out there to begin participating in the Lindy scene. And now, well, if you are not friends with the right people you have no idea where to go, or if you'll be the only one there..... not a great way to encourage growth, or retain dancers. MN Lindy was a very easy and inviting way for new people to learn about Lindy Hop in MN and become a part of it.

So now when I meet new peeps who want to check out Lindy Hop I can say "Well, if you are on FB and friends with the right people and they want to invite you along and you are cool enough, you just might be able to become part of the Lindy Hop scene. Which could you try to do because we really want Lindy Hop to grow in the Cities."

Now I have been guilty as much as anyone else for letting MN Lindy slide into disuse, but I guess this is my call to arms to all my brethren out there. Let us not let this happen.

I encourage everyone to communicate and discuss Lindy Hop and events, ideas, videos etc. I will try to lead the charge. I know I ask a lot because I am asking for time and commitment to something; do what you can i guess. I hold no one to this that they must (except Carlos and Stacia Very Happy )
Post new topic   printer-friendly   Reply to topic    MinnesotaLindy.COM Forum Index -> MNLindy, Planning and Organization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Older  1, 2, 3

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: