Aug
Sep
North Star Blues
Oct
Sving Du Nord
Nov
Dec

Wolverine's Jazz Trio @ Hell's Kitchen
Post new topic   printer-friendly   Reply to topic    MinnesotaLindy.COM Forum Index -> Local Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Newer

Azeroth
MinnesotaLindy.COM Superhero

Weekly Avg: 7.7471

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Wolverine's Jazz Trio @ Hell's Kitchen Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Calendar Event: Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Interval: 1 week
Repeat: repeat forever

I am not attending.
Attending: Azeroth, suedesolejamie

Original Wolverine's Jazz Trio thread

That's right. The Wolves have a new, dance-appreciative home.

HELL'S KITCHEN

Wednesday Nights
7pm-10pm

80 South 9th St. (Rossi's old home)

Ask not what your scene can do for you;
Ask what you can do for your scene!

Last edited by Azeroth on Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger MySpace Profile Facebook Profile
strongbad
Schoolwork's Demise

Weekly Avg: 2.1561

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Is there a cover?
MrApollinax
LOST

Weekly Avg: 1.9567

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Talked to Mitch from HK and he tells me there is no cover.
MrApollinax
LOST

Weekly Avg: 1.9567

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Take a look at the menu. Classic American fare. Pretty reasonable prices as well. If you are downtown for any reason earlier their happy hour (3-6) prices look really great.
pius_perplexus
A A B A

Weekly Avg: 2.1319

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Anyone planning on going tonight?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MySpace Profile
Azeroth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Are they playing tonight?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger MySpace Profile Facebook Profile
pius_perplexus
A A B A

Weekly Avg: 2.1319

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I just called. This starts next week.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MySpace Profile
Emmysue
Soft, cuddly, obnoxious little lamb

Weekly Avg: 1.6944

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Happy news because HK is such a cool venue with awesome atmosphere and food.

Sad news because this tells us something about the likelihood of the Times opening again as a music venue.
Azeroth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Who's going tonight?

booshwash
JackieChanAllen

Weekly Avg: 0.3152

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Sarah and I enjoyed it, and will probably go back again sometime. Sticky floor, but plenty of space. I liked the food. (I had the baked Penne with Italian Sausage)
Azeroth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

It was a good time! The wolves were hot, all our standard vocalists came out and many regular patrons .. All of whom asked where the dancers were. Bethany, Ross, Aleka, Liam, and two others did show up around 930. Chad and Sarah were there around 8 for dinner as well, Chad had the baked Penne with Italian Sausage. Wink

There's 3-4x the space for dancing on Rossi's older, slightly sticky wooden floor (but none of us had dance shoes with us) as compared to the Times tiled, postage stamp floor.

As to Hell's Kitchen, Aleka met the owner and gave him due appreciation. Not only did they move 6 tables out of the way, they also moved two patrons who were in the middle of dinner. The prices are similar to that of the Times, but the restaurant is more popular. It was packed at 8pm with parties of all sizes. It's a neat place and I look forward to going back.

~ Shawn

PS The Bison Burger with White Cheddar was amazing.

RookieDancer
Phrase

Weekly Avg: 0.4951

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hell's Kitchen is cool. Lots of room, appreciative patrons, extremely accommodating owners, and the band was begging for dancers! (We were in the middle of eating...) Judy Donaghy said that the owner kept asking where all the dancers were.
Since we're giving food reviews: the ham and pear on sourdough was good, but Chad's penne was fantastic. Wink

-Sarah
lindybutterfly
Spotlight Dance

Weekly Avg: 2.8378

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

ooo... I think I'm convinced! Smile I'd love to go sometime! And I love Hell's Kitchen's brunch. Their peanut better is to die for!
Emmysue
Soft, cuddly, obnoxious little lamb

Weekly Avg: 1.6944

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Dang, this venue just might pull me out retirement one of these nights. Maybe.
leetucker
Spotlight Dance

Weekly Avg: 0.9244

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I'm in town on Tuesday and Wednesday and there's a decent chance I'll be able to make it to this. Who's planning to go?
Post new topic   printer-friendly   Reply to topic    MinnesotaLindy.COM Forum Index -> Local All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Newer

Page 1 of 4

Jump to: