Aug
Sep
North Star Blues
Oct
Sving Du Nord
Nov
Dec

Ruminations on Minnesota's Big Events
Post new topic   printer-friendly   Reply to topic    MinnesotaLindy.COM Forum Index -> MinnesotaLindy User Blogs
Azeroth
MinnesotaLindy.COM Superhero

Weekly Avg: 7.7471

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Ruminations on Minnesota's Big Events Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Minnesota has many regional and national events (in 2009):

SOLFest (March),
Midwest Lindyfest (May),
TCBalFest (July),
Sving Du Nord (early Oct),
and now North Star Blues Exchange (Oct/Nov)

(Alas, Showdown, I will miss thee here in Minnesota.)

I was just ruminating on the thought that we have a lot of awesome events in town, with a lot of awesome hosts. These events are mostly spaced out to not overlap and that is awesome.

All these awesome events provide an awesome opportunity to gain awesome exposure and awesome growth to make your social dance more awesome while having an awesome time. Sure, the events vary in cost, but they are all worth it. There is no substitute for the kind of awesome focused experience that each awesome event brings. I hope to see you all at as many of these awesome events as possible.

There's a whole lot of awesome here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger MySpace Profile Facebook Profile
Swingmegg
A A B A

Weekly Avg: 2.6644

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

If this was on facebook I'd click the "I like it link" so ---- I like it --- I'm so very excited for all of these events!

We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance. ~Japanese Proverb~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They who love dancing too much seem to have more brains in their feet than in their head. ~~Unknown
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger MySpace Profile
Allen Hall
MN Prince of Snark Darkness

Weekly Avg: 1.0115

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Question and comments

1. Does SOLFest stand for "Shit Out of Luck Fest"?

2. Try substituting the marginally trite "amazing" for the over-trite "awesome". "Although it shouldn't, "amazing" has more punch than the wimpy "awesome." And, if you really want to go Boffo-Box Office, try "astounding".

3. Amy told us night before last, "This year's Showdown will be completely different.Tear up everything you thought about Showdown." So, you may not like it, or you may like it more.

Allen Hall
stl_swing
Spotlight Dance

Weekly Avg: 0.6996
Location: currently Northfield, MN...home is in St. Louis, MO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Allen Hall wrote:
1. Does SOLFest stand for "Shit Out of Luck Fest"?

Ouch! I wouldn't say that SOL Fest (St. Olaf Lindy Fest) is anywhere close to "Shit Out of Luck Fest." I suppose I am biased, but still... Smile
Allen Hall

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Mea culpa,

I just couldn't resist it. SOL a commonly-used military acronym.

Allen
Azeroth
MinnesotaLindy.COM Superhero

Weekly Avg: 7.7471

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

What I have written, I have written.

Ask not what your scene can do for you;
Ask what you can do for your scene!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger MySpace Profile Facebook Profile
jdux
Spotlight Dance

Weekly Avg: 0.5436

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

St Olaf Swing club rocks! I have never seen more enthusiam for lindy and other social dancing. As for SOL I think they can work that angle more cleverly.

SOL fest. Because dancing this much can leave you FUBAR

SOL fest: did you know contra dancing has nothing to do with nintendo?

SOL Fest: the fest is short for festival.

Midwest Lindy Fest: great swing dancing without corn feilds, cows, and contentment.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I have never been FUBARed at a dance event. Sadly, we can't make this one, as it comes a a time when we will not be in MN.

Allen Hall
Post new topic   printer-friendly   Reply to topic    MinnesotaLindy.COM Forum Index -> MinnesotaLindy User Blogs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: