Aug
Sep
North Star Blues
Oct
Sving Du Nord
Nov
Dec

Should Stacia and I......
Post new topic   printer-friendly   Reply to topic    MinnesotaLindy.COM Forum Index -> Lindy Lessons and instruction

Should Stacia and I offer Weekly Classes
Yes
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
No
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Voted : 7
Total Votes : 7
This poll does not expire

Jason Z
Spotlight Dance

Weekly Avg: 1.0193

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Should Stacia and I...... Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

....start up classes again?
Full-fledged Dance Dork

Weekly Avg: 1.8816

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I love your classes, but right now I'm.. broke. So I can't in good faith say "yes".

Once, I went into a knife shop and said, "Here's million dollars. I'd like to buy a knife." The guy said, "NO, money can't buy knives."

kelspar
Phrase

Weekly Avg: 0.5507

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I in the same boat as Eryn. I think that Jason & Stacia have a lot to offer and I know I could def learn from them! I enjoy watching your social dancing skills and your partner connection. Wink I look forward to taking some of your classes...when the monetary gods have mucho favor upon me!! Wink
warren2975
Phrase

Weekly Avg: 0.3911

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

that would be awesome!! i was totally bummed when you canceled them last time due to low attendance. but the cheap privates were awesome while they lasted!

what day of the week are you thinking of having class?
Jason Z
Spotlight Dance

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

At this point not really anytime soon I guess. I was curious on the scene's interest in some higher level classes.
100 Post Club

Weekly Avg: 0.3561

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I would love to do some higher level classes. I never could this past year when you were teaching because I work on Monday nights. I agree that money is an issue for myself as well. But I think if you and Stacia begin teaching a few classes again - even just a one week or one month thing and had it at a reasonable price, I would make the effort to come out at least a couple times to learn from you guys.
lindybutterfly
Spotlight Dance

Weekly Avg: 2.8378

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I vote yes, but then I can't attend most of the classes b/c I need to start studying more than once a week for an exam that I need to take for work. But I wanna thank you guys for investing in our scene and growing new and current dancers!! Smile Watching Stacia dance is always inspiring! Smile
orange
Full-fledged Dance Dork

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

lindybutterfly wrote:
Watching Stacia dance is always inspiring! Smile

true!

Once, I went into a knife shop and said, "Here's million dollars. I'd like to buy a knife." The guy said, "NO, money can't buy knives."

FairLadyStar
Spotlight Dance

Weekly Avg: 1.7020

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I really enjoy learning from both of you…yes especially Stacia (sorry Jason Wink ). I know this scene benefits greatly from having you both in it—dancing, teaching, inspiring. And I would love to see more people and new people taking advantage of your classes.

I’ll also I personally echo the practical barriers that have been shared. Availability of time and money would prevent me from being consistent weekly. I’m returning to the classroom part time this fall so that would bring with it expenses and the often time-consuming task I haven’t had for 4+ years—homework!

All that to say I would definitely like to sample your classes when I can, depending on day of the week.
lindybutterfly
Spotlight Dance

Weekly Avg: 2.8378

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

FairLadyStar wrote:
I’m returning to the classroom part time this fall so that would bring with it expenses and the often time-consuming task I haven’t had for 4+ years—homework!

Oh, study date! I'm gonna e-mail you! Smile
Emma
Spotlight Dance

Weekly Avg: 0.7214

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

lindybutterfly wrote:
FairLadyStar wrote:
I’m returning to the classroom part time this fall so that would bring with it expenses and the often time-consuming task I haven’t had for 4+ years—homework!

Oh, study date! I'm gonna e-mail you! Smile

Me too! (when I'm back)

Also, I would love to take classes from you guys, but won't know until the fall what my course-load will be like...
Jason Z
Spotlight Dance

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for your feedback.
Shim Sham

Weekly Avg: 2.7243

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I think I have to echo what many others have said...I looooove classes with you two, but with my work schedule being what it is I can't commit to being there weekly unless it's sometime on the weekend.

Perhaps you could do a few classes once a month or something?

"Being a nerd, that is, going to far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know." --Sarah Vowell
orange
Full-fledged Dance Dork

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hey, I could use a study date, too. Put me on the list?

Post new topic   printer-friendly   Reply to topic    MinnesotaLindy.COM Forum Index -> Lindy Lessons and instruction All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: