Aug
Sep
North Star Blues
Oct
Sving Du Nord
Nov
Dec

Karen & Stacia Aim To Exhaust You (& to Make You Hap
Post new topic   printer-friendly   Reply to topic    MinnesotaLindy.COM Forum Index -> Lindy Lessons and instruction
Stashe
Spotlight Dance

Weekly Avg: 1.0462

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Karen & Stacia Aim To Exhaust You (& to Make You Hap Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Calendar Event: Monday, August 3, 2009 - Monday, August 24, 2009
Interval: 1 week
Repeat: 4x

I am not attending.
Attending: FairLadyStar, strongbad

aka - we're teaching The Single Ladies routine on Monday evenings this month -- starting tomorrow!!. I thought I'd start a new thread, and bombard you all with my own shameless promotions of this class.

See, the thing is, learning this routine did several things for me:

1. It got me in much better shape. Seriously. I have a specific side ab muscle that was not in existence before I took on this endeavor. Karen lost ten frickin' pounds as a result.

2. It gave me more confidence in my own movement, and you can bet your ass that this contributes to my confidence and ability in lindy hop. Each time after performing this routine, I found myself doing stylistic things that I had never even thought of before as a follow. It was bizarre and really fun.

3. It gave me more ability to pick up choreography/movement quicker and better.

4. It challenged me and made me laugh a lot and gave me a huge sense of accomplishment. This was and continues to be so much fun.

Join us, you won't regret it.

Yay.

Stacia
Spotlight Dance

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

ps:

4 Mondays in a row, 4 Seasons dance studio, 9:30-10:30pm
Jam Circle

Weekly Avg: 0.3514

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Yes! Agreed on all points above.

Let me just add that leotards are awesome yet optional. So are heels (however, the higher the better). So is being a chick. If you are a dude with neither leotard nor heels, do not fear: this will still be a fun time because YOU might find yourself amongst many chicks in leotards and heels. Everybody wins Smile

All you really need is a sassy face. And with your help, the world could soon look something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLj5zphusLw
orange
Full-fledged Dance Dork

Weekly Avg: 1.8816

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Karen or Stacia-- if I can't make it tonight, will I be okay to drop in for the rest of the classes? Or will I be woefully behind?

Once, I went into a knife shop and said, "Here's million dollars. I'd like to buy a knife." The guy said, "NO, money can't buy knives."

Stashe
Spotlight Dance

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hi Eryn -

Great question! Karen and I were just talking about this last night.

Here's the deal:

You can drop into any class you'd like. We of course recommend all of them because then you'll know the whole routine. But, the way we'll be teaching the routine will be in segments. If you don't come for the first class, you'll just miss learning the first quarter of the routine. But you'll still get all the benefits and fun of learning the rest of the routine. Smile

If you make the last three classes, you'll know about 75% of the routine, which is still a lot, and will still be awesome. We promise.

I have had some people ask if they can take a private lesson in order to make up the portion that they have to miss in the regular group classes. This is totally doable. Just let us know if that's something you're interested in.

See you soon!

-Stacia
Schoolwork's Demise

Weekly Avg: 2.1561

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Not only is this class a great opportunity for YOU, but it's also a great opportunity for you to invite all your "non-dancing" friends. No lindy hop or even partner dance experience is required!

See you tonight!
karen
Jam Circle

Weekly Avg: 0.3514

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

YAY!

Beyonce, part deux. Can't wait.
Post new topic   printer-friendly   Reply to topic    MinnesotaLindy.COM Forum Index -> Lindy Lessons and instruction All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: