Aug
Sep
North Star Blues
Oct
Sving Du Nord
Nov
Dec

Lindy Lab: Supporting Progress from Int. to Adv. Dancing
Post new topic   printer-friendly   Reply to topic    MinnesotaLindy.COM Forum Index -> Lindy Lessons and instruction
jazzydee
Why does it say "spotlight dance"

Weekly Avg: 0.6411

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Lindy Lab: Supporting Progress from Int. to Adv. Dancing Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Calendar Event: Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I am not attending.
Attending: dizzydave, jazzydee

- Cancelled -

Hi All!
After dialoge with dancers, I noticed that int./adv. dancers desire a place where they can really focus on moving into the realm of advanced dancing. Sometimes, at that level dancers feel like they have "plateaued" and feel like it's difficult finding how to become a better dancer. Also, dancers are eager for an opportunity to work together in a group that is focused on dancers at this level, and a "safe place" to disucss and create movement with a partner.

Thinking a lot about this issue, and remembering the last time I felt like that (you know, it comes and goes), I thought it might be fun to share some of my personal experience and knowledge learned from dancers from around the country, to help dancers move forward.

Lindy Lab is a previous class from my learning days, and it was one of the most creative sessions I was a part of in this area for my dance level. It has been revamped a little, and will be brought to you this fall for five weeks.

At Lindy Lab we will be helping dancers communicate and develop a method of learning and studying connection, figures, and movement. At Lindy Lab you will learn how to improve your basic, implement footwork and modify basic figures, add individual personality while following music, and use video to support your growth. We will be following a unique style of learning including direct instruction and guided experiementation in each lesson.

Lindy Lab will be co-taught with Dave Engelhard, we are excited for you to join us in analyzing our movement in Lindy and how we each can move forward.

Lindy Lab
October 20, 27, November 3, 10, and 17
7:00-8:30pm, Four Seasons Dance Studio
$65/series - $15/class
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=138722214629&ref=nf
dee.danielslocke@gmail.com
Post new topic   printer-friendly   Reply to topic    MinnesotaLindy.COM Forum Index -> Lindy Lessons and instruction All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: