Aug
Sep
North Star Blues
Oct
Sving Du Nord
Nov
Dec

Through The Viewfinder
Post new topic   printer-friendly   Reply to topic    MinnesotaLindy.COM Forum Index -> MinnesotaLindy User Blogs
Vidal
Spotlight Dance

Weekly Avg: 0.9497

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Through The Viewfinder Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hello my friends,

I've been meaning to make good use of this thread for some time now and am finally taking the initiative (along with Mandy) to do so. We're really just hoping to share the things we admire the most, whether it be videos, music, quotes, etc. Hopefully this will create topics for conversation in a very quiet forum as of late.

This past year I have really tried to make it a point to find more music to dance to, and it is not until now that I can say I feel comfortable with my dance library. The most recent jam is from the workshop weekend that Peter Strom and Naomi Uyama held at Jawaahir. Naomi played this song about 3 to 4 times to practice, and I ended up humming it all day long.

Stavin' Chain by Lil Johnson

http://www.amazon.com/Stavin-Chain-Rockin-Swing-Explicit/dp/B002RVSPAM

I have recently made my way across an incredible video of the late Frankie Manning, an amazing dancer in the heart of Lindy Hop. You see him dancing 46 seconds into the clip exuding happiness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHZIsfJ-m8U

Carlos
Allen Hall
MN Prince of Snark Darkness

Weekly Avg: 1.0115

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Share topic on FB Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Carlos,

It is amazing how a fetching melody can become an ear-bug, one you can't get it out of your ear.

I loved the "Time" clip with Frankie dancing, and the dated cadence of the speech of the announcer reminded me so of my youth when similar speech was over-talked in short subjects shown in theaters between the two films on double-feature nights. Talk about nostalgia.

Allen

P.S. For another ear-bug, listen to Kat Edmonson's rendition of "Summertime". Terry found it on the web, and has played it often at LNS. it's taken at dirge tempo, but people like it and dance to it.
Post new topic   printer-friendly   Reply to topic    MinnesotaLindy.COM Forum Index -> MinnesotaLindy User Blogs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: